All updates are subject to change without notice and descriptions do not represent all features being implemented.
Roadmap / View Sony's Latest Firmware
PXW-X70 Firmware V3.0
New Features & Improvements:
● Support for XAVC QFHD 4K 100Mbps (3840x2160) at 30p/25p/24p, plus MPEG HD422 50Mbps (1920x1080) at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p and (1280x720) at 60p/50p.*
* For XAVC QFHD 4K recordings, the PXW-X70 also requires the paid-for upgrade CBKZ-X70FX software key.
● Support for MPEG HD422 50Mbps (1920x1080) at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p and (1280x720) at 60p/50p, as well as MPEG HD420 35Mbps (1920x1080) at 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p, (1440x1080) at 60i/50i and (1280x720) at 60p/50p.**
** For MPEG HD recordings, the PXW-X70 also requires the paid-for upgrade CBKZ-SLMP software key [expected availability from July 2016].
● Support for high quality QoS Streaming to PWS-100RX1.
● Support for Ustream® direct streaming in real time. Two resolution modes are available: 1280x720 at 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, or 640x360 at 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p.
● HDMI/SDI/composite output selection during QFHD recording.
● XAVC Salvage – XAVC file protection with salvage recording function in case of accidental power loss.
The quickest way to find technical information (e.g. Software, Operation Manuals, User Guides, etc.) is to use Search Support. If too many results are displayed, you can select a Filter to narrow down your search (Firmware is included under Software filter).